- This event has passed.
Practitioner and Responder Wellbeing Symposium 2019
May 11, 2019
The Irish College of Paramedics will host a 1-day wellbeing event on Sat 11th May, in association with the College of Medicine and Health at University College Cork, which will be held in the Brookfield Health Science Complex, College Road, Cork. This event is open to all, members and non-members alike (but ICoP members get a discount…). Whether you’re a responder, EMT, paramedic, AP, nurse, doctor or other, there’s something for everyone at this event.
The day will feature speakers from Ireland and abroad, who will speak on a range of topics related to the health and wellbeing of practitioners and responders including health status, diet, sleep, stress, fatigue, mental health, exercise and retirement.
- Dr. Alexander MacQuarrie, Senior Lecturer, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Gráinne Kent, Dietitian and PhD candidate, University College Cork
- Dr. Ann Payne, Consultant Psychiatrist, Cork University Hospital
- Alan Batt, Vice-President, Irish College of Paramedics
- Motty Varghese, Sleep Physiologist, Sleep Therapy Clinic
- Jennifer Reidy, Founder, Compassion Fatigue Ireland
- Sharon Gallagher, CISM Network